| << Go Back To Articles Directory
Managing Gray Hair
Maintaining the sleek elegance of gray hair doesn't have to be a multi-faceted job. By following these simple tips, you are ensuring the health and beauty of your hair for years to come.
Styling Tips for Gray Hair
1. Conditioning regularly is vital for managing gray hair, since it has the tendency to be very coarse. Leave-in conditioners work wonders when it comes to softening the texture of gray hair, and it's also great for decreasing the risk of damage since it creates a barrier between your hair and harsh environmental pollutants.
2. If your hair is prone to having a yellowish tint, use a shampoo with a blue base that is specifically formulated for gray hair to keep your tendrils from looking dull and brassy.
3. Try to avoid abusing styling tools. Overexposure to heat can make your hair dry and extremely brittle. If you must use a flat iron or curling iron, make sure you deep condition your hair every other week.
4. Highlights or foils have become increasingly popular with women who want to add a little flair to their hairstyle. Mixing blonde highlights with gray hair is a creative way to change your style without going overboard. Lowlights are also wonderful and they can help soften features when applied around the face. For best results, visit a salon, since this technique can sometimes be tricky.
5. Consider taking a supplement, such as Biotin, which has been proven to aid in hair growth and vitality. A diet rich in vitamins and minerals will also help toward maintaining hair health.
6. If you're in the process of growing out your gray, then get regular trims from a professional. By strategically trimming the old color from your hair, it will help make the transition to full-out gray much smoother. And avoid geometric cuts, as these styles can make you look older.
7. Just because you've chosen to show off your gray hair doesn't mean you have to say goodbye to hair coloring. Permanent color is great for improving the condition of hair, and there some beautiful gray shades available to choose from. Just remember to steer clear of colors that are two shades darker than your original color or else it will look unnatural.
<< Go Back To Articles Directory